Rwanda is one of the most beautiful countries on the African continent.Located in East – Central Africa, Rwanda is a beautiful country most known for hosting the mountain gorillas in one of the national parks within the Virunga Region. Twenty years after the genocide, Rwanda is becoming one of the favourite destinations to visit on the African continent. There are lots of things to do in Rwanda.
Here are the top adventure activities recommended in Rwanda;
- Enjoy one of ten Gorilla habituated groups visit in Volcanoes National park – Remember a total of 80 permits are sold per day. Tourists report at the park head office by 7:00 for a pre-tracking briefing. Once tourists meet the gorillas they spend an hour with them.
- Golden monkey visits.
- Climbing of Karisimbi volcano – this is a two-day trek with overnight camping at an altitude of 3,800 m.
- Climbing of Bisoke volcano – one day.
- Tour of the lakes and caves in Musanze including 1.25 miles long cave—a home to a large bat colony.
- Visiting the tomb of Dian Fossey–an American zoologist, primatologist, and anthropologist who undertook an extensive study of Gorilla groups over a period of 18 years in Rwanda
- Iby’Iwacu cultural village tour
- Explore and enjoy “Kwita Izina” –Baby gorilla naming ceremony which takes place every year during the month of June in Rwanda